I can NOT. STOP. PLAYING. with this Easy Easel card sketch. (Thank you, Ronda Wade!) I also can NOT. STOP. PLAYING. with the Playing with Patterns suite. The Designers Series Paper (DSP), the resin dots, the ribbon pack – it is all a lot of fun. I have been making masculine and feminine birthday cards for days.
- Cut Card Stock at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Place your card base fully opened along the 5 ½” line on the trimmer. Place your card base on the 1 ¾” line. Cut from top edge to the center score line. Do the same on the other side. (You will now have 3 flaps on the top of your card.)
- If card base is not Whisper White, cut a Whisper White panel at 4” x 5 ¼” and adhere to inside.
- Score middle flap in half at 2 1/8”, creating an easel.
- Cut 2 DSP strips at 4 1/8” x 1 5/8”. Watch for paper direction, if the orientation matters.
- Cut 2 matching DSP pieces at 1 7/8” x 2”.
- Adhere left and right side flaps down.
- Adhere DSP.
- Stamp and layer sentiment panel. Adhere to front part of easel. Dimensionals are optional. Make sure the bottom edge of the sentiment panel does not extend beyond the bottom edge of the card when lying flat. (In this card, I used Stitched Rectangles in Night of Navy and Whisper White. I used a retired sentiment and stamped it in Night of Navy ink.)
- Adhere and center small die-cut to inside of card. This die-cut holds the stamped panel in an upright position. (In this card I used the circle from the Stitched Shapes (in Night of Navy), and the triangle from the Stitched Triangles (in Crushed Curry). I used the numbers from the Playful Alphabet dies (in Night of Navy).)
- Decorate as desired with ribbon and resin dots. (I used matching resin dots and ribbon from the Playing with Patterns suite.)
Thanks for visiting! Click below if you are interested to subscribe for updates, join class this month, or purchase today’s card already made (you can specify the number OR leave it blank!)
- Subscribe for updates (I am very careful not to flood your inbox, and you can choose your preferences!)
- Join in on the monthly fun-fold card class!
- Purchase this card
- Purchase a Recovery Card
- Click here to see full shopping cart of products used on this card and in class
- Join my team!
- Watch Facebook LIVE video showing step-by-step instructions and tips.