I developed my connection to poinsettias when I was a teenager. My mom used to come tuck me in every night. She would walk through our room to the back, put “Plant” into the dark closet and shut the door. She would say “goodnight Plant” and then she would say goodnight to my sister and I. Every morning she would take “Plant” back out into the daylight.
And every year, “Plant” bloomed!
I don’t know that I cherished her consistency then, but sitting here now the memory gives me a tear. She was doing so much more than nurturing “Plant” every night. She was showing me compassion, and connecting with me, and demonstrating how to care for something every single day. I wish that just once I would have brought “Plant” out into the daylight. But I was a self-absorbed teenager at the time and I never thought to do it.
So today’s card is for mom. I committed to do a Serenity LIVE every Friday and to show up consistently for you guys. Thanks for the example mom, I love you. You made a difference even in your small daily rituals.
Today’s card uses a few supplies that I LOVE. We are using the new die-cutting machine from Stampin’ Up! It’s called the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss, and it is exclusive to Stampin’ Up! You can’t get it anywhere else. You also can’t get it as a customer yet – although it will be available to customers on September 1st. You CAN get it now for $99 instead of $120 if you join my team! BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1st! Here are a few videos about the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss.
- STAMPIN’ CUT & EMBOSS: GET TO KNOW YOUR MACHINE
- STAMPIN’ CUT & EMBOSS: DIE CUTTING SANDWICH
- STAMPIN’ CUT & EMBOSS: EMBOSSING FOLDER SANDWICH
I love having new people join my team and stampin’ community. We have a great group, sharing what we love and connecting. In addition to the great discount that SU! offers, when you join my team you get all of the stampin’ related PDFs that I create for free! You also get access to an exclusive Facebook group, and little surprise goodies from me all along the way. It’s only two simple steps to join!
This card also uses the new Poinsettia Petals suite that just came out this week. It is so popular that the stamps are on back-order already. But they will be back in stock soon. Here is a link to the shopping cart of all the Poinsettia suite items that will be featured in the September card class. (See below for Wish List for products used in these cards). You can use this link to write down your wish list, or, better yet, to order any of these items. It is not too late to start planning for Christmas and the Holidays.
For a step-by-step video showcasing how I put this card together, watch my Serenity LIVE video here, from August 7th.
Serenity LIVE – Mom’s Poinsettia, named Plant
For measurements and close-up photos, and supplies specific to these cards, see below.
- Die cut the poinsettia leaves in Real Red card stock in varying sizes. Glue them together in their centers, making sure to shift each new floral layer so they are not right on top of each other. You can use your bone folder to curl your leaves before adhering them together.
- Die cut the greenery in Old Olive (or Pear Pizzazz). I used one stem and cut it apart to use for small accents. Save to the side for now.
- Use Adhesive Sheet on back of Bumble Bee card stock. Die cut center of poinsettia. Use Take Your Pick tool to remove the card stock from the die, and the adhesive back. Adhere center to smallest poinsettia die. Place pearl in center of poinsettia.
- Dry emboss the 5 1/4″ x 4″ Very Vanilla layer on 2/3 of the left side, leaving room for the sentiment. Stamp the sentiment in Real Red in the upper right corner. (This appropriate mom sentiment was from Paper Pumpkin “Family” kit, and I have more brand new full kits available. Just shoot me an email.)
- Use dimensionals to adhere your Very Vanilla decorated panel to a Thick Very Vanilla card stock base.
- Add a little bit of glue to your Silicone Craft Sheet. Dip the greenery into the glue just at the edges and tuck into place as desired.
Supplies list for today’s featured cards.