This interactive fun-fold card is a delight for recipients to play with. Once they figure out how to open it, they are greeted with a joyful message inside. This Split Card is a little more involved because there are two different splits happening. See the detatiled step-by-step instructions below. These products and patterns are SO FUN to play with. See this card come alive in the Serenity LIVE Facebook video link below.
- Cut Card Stock base at 7 ¼” x 5 ½”.
- With the 7 ¼” side lined up along the top, Score a line at the 1 ½” mark down the the left side. Turn around and score 1 1/2″ down the other side too.
- Place the card in your trimmer with the score marks running horizontally, at the 2 ¾” mark. Cut the card stock until you reach the score line at 1 ½”. Rotate the card and repeat.
- Place the card so that the score lines are now running vertically. Align your card at the 5 ¾” mark. Fold the top right panel in. Start your cut line FROM THE BOTTOM of the track, and cut until you reach the 2 ¾” mark or the end of the bottom section. Remove piece. You may need to use your snips in either direction to get the corner removed. Cut, don’t pull! Repeat on the other side. Your card base is now ready.
- Prepare all of your die cuts. Cut a Whisper White circle from the Stitched Shapes die. Cut a Whisper White rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die. Cut two larger Night of Navy triangles from the Stitched Triangles die. Cut two nested triangles out of Playing with Patterns DSP. Cut your alphabet letters in matching colors using the Playful Alphabets dies.
- Cut your matching DSP liner at 5 ½” x 4 ¼”. Cut your matching DSP rectangles, watching the pattern direction. You will need four rectangles, at 2 ½” x 1 ¼”.
- Tie your tiny matching bow. Stamp your sentiment on the Stitched Rectangle. Your card is now ready to assemble.
- Assemble your card.
- Adhere the DSP rectangles to the four Night of Navy sections.
- Adhere the DSP triangles to the Night of Navy triangles.
- Adhere the Stitched Triangles being VERY CAREFUL to adhere the left triangle ONLY to the left panels, and the right triangle ONLY to the right panels. Once you’ve attached the triangles, your split card will be formed. Take your time to line everything up carefully.
- Adhere the Stitched Circle only to the bottom of the left triangle. You can use dimensionals for more interest.
- Adhere the stamped sentiment to the circle, and adhere the tiny bow.
- Adhere the DSP liner on the inside of the card. Adhere your Playful Alphabet dies in a crazy pattern.
- Add Resin Dots as desired.
This is what the card looks like when it is fully opened.