Even though there is so much serious stuff, and sad stuff, and unbelievable stuff going on in the world I feel like we still need to find joy and brightness where we can. I am featuring the SU! Brights color family in my card class this month to hopefully brighten others’ lives. Today we are making this bright card with a simple technique known as sponging.
- Cut your card stock base and add a layer of bright DSP on the card front.
- Use a smaller layer of Whisper White. Mask off the desired sections to leave an exposed area. In this case I used two pieces of thin Whisper White Card Stock and masked off two sections of the card to protect them.
- Get your sponges and ink pads ready. Here I used Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green. Sponge color in the exposed area between the masks until you get the color and the ombre effect you desire.
- Add a silhouette stamped image or adhere black butterfly punches.
- Stamp your sentiment.
- Adhere all of your layers together, add a few gems, and your card is ready to mail!
Click here to see my Serenity LIVE video on Facebook, showing how to make this card.
Here is a list of all the supplies and more that you can use when you are working with the Brights color family.Product List