In my role as coach, I get a lot of clients wanting to discuss their purpose in life. It’s very common for people to think purpose “should” be something large and dramatic and impactful to a large group of people. In our discussions, I get to hear the ways they show up in the moment to care for loved ones and to nurture the relationships in their life with intention. They share about their acts of kindness, and how kindness is a core value for them. The discussions often turn toward a new understanding and expectation of what purpose “could” mean instead of what it “should” mean.
This card is for people who are intentionally kind to others.
Today we are going to play with the Potted Succulent dies, and the Simply Succulents stamp set. Have you ever done stenciling or masking before? Here we go…
See the VIdeo.
- Prepare stencil by die-cutting the large frame from the Potted Succulents dies. Select your colors, going from light to dark. I chose a suite of green ombre colors. Pretty Peacock is going away and I just have to get inky with it before it retires.
- Tape down the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card front to the surface, so the card front doesn’t move. Secure the stencil with tape around the edges of the stencil where you don’t need ink coverage.
- Starting with the lightest color, use your Blending Brush (or sponge) to place ink in a circular motion, starting from the outside and working your way toward the center. Move to the middle color. Finally use the darkest color. I used Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, and Pretty Peacock.
- Use dauber or sponge to place ink in the centers of the succulents. Move in a circular motion, being careful not to tear or lift the stencil.
- Add Just Jade and Granny Apple Green as desired. Lift the stencil carefully to check your progress.
- Go over the whole stencil in a light color to tie everything together. Go around the edges one final time with a light touch, using a darker color.
- Cut this piece to 3 1/4″ x 5″.
- Cut an A2 card base. Cut a 5 1/4″ x 4″ Just Jade layer.
- Adhere stenciled panel to Just Jade panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere a length of ribbon across the top. I cut the ribbon length at 5″ and secured each end to the back with scotch tape. Tie a bow and adhere bow with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere panel to front of card base with Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on die-cut label in Pretty Peacock. Adhere to card front with DImensionals.
- Sprinkle Rhinestones around the card front in the centers of the succulents.
- Don’t forget to decorate the inside and the envelope.
And here is the best step. Send your card to someone who brings kindness into the world!
Place a minimum $50 order before Monday night, and I will send you a roll of Pretty Peacock ribbon!
See the VIdeo.
Join my email list.
Join my team.
Learn more about my Life Coaching, Creativity Coaching, Productivity Coaching, Business Coaching and even Team Coaching here.Product List
Buy the BowMaker.
Buy this handmade card.