If you are new to stamping, you might sometimes get a little bit overwhelmed. This quick reference article is for you.
What are some Stampin’ Basics and how would you use them?
It all starts with S-I-P
Stamps – Many of our stamp sets are on sale. If you don’t have many stamps and want to buy a set, here are a couple things to know.
1. There are two types of stamps. We have Photopolymer (see through), and Rubber. They function the same except that with the rubber stamps you will need to take a little more care to line them up.
2. You will need a block in the correct size in order to use your stamp. A great block size to start out with is Size D. You can re-use the block repeatedly. Just place your stamp on the block to use it. Stamp. Clean and remove it, and then use the block for your next stamp.
3. Cleaning stamps is easy with our Shammy. A lot of my customers store their Shammy in a Clear Mount Case.
Ink – An ink pad is not an ink pad. Here is a quick reference guide.
1. Memento Black ink – This is my “go-to” black ink pad. I use it for a lot of my sentiment stamping, and I use it when I want to color with Blends markers.
2. Classic Ink – We have ink pads in all of our colors. The beauty of Stampin’ Up! is that all of our product lines match. When you purchase ink and card stock of the same color, you know they will match. I use Classic ink pads for sentiments when I want to stamp a sentiment in color. I use Classic ink with either the Blender Pen or the Water Painter when I want to color with a watercolor effect.
For the most part, I do not use Classic Ink with Blends. I do not use it to heat emboss.
3. Versamark and Craft Ink – These pigment inks are useful for heat embossing, and the Versamark is useful for tone on tone.
Paper – There are two main types of paper.
1. Card Stock – Our card stock comes in all of our color families, and matches our inks perfectly. When starting out, I suggest purchasing the Color Family packs. Once you’ve determined your favorite colors, you can purchase the full packs of those colors. It is also essential to purchase Whisper White and Whisper White Thick Card Stock. Our envelopes round out the collection.
2. Designer Series Paper – Our papers are so beautiful, and the cards practically make themselves. Beginning stampers are sometimes hesitant to cut into the paper but once they make their first cut, then they cannot stop using it.
One will need a trimmer and some snips in order to cut the paper.
My p.s. would be about adhesives. I prefer Tombow Mono Multi Glue. Many love our Seal +
My second p.s. would be to suggest starting out with one of our kits first in order to follow along easily. Our all-inclusive kits have everything you need right in one box.
This was just a quick snapshot. Catch my Serenity LIVE Facebook Lives and my blog for continuous learning. I am here to serve as your creativity coach. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I hope that everyone is staying healthy and safe in your family.
There is a great sale happening right now. 10% off of many many essential items.Product List