Hey there, friend! Check out this sweet and darling donkey from the Darling Donkeys free Sale-a-Bration stamp set that I am featuring this week. Learn more about a few quick-and-easy coloring tips. Also learn about the measurements and supplies used, including the free SAB designer paper called Flower and Field.
- Cut and die-cut all of your layers:
- Cut standard Bumble Bee card base (8 1/2 x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″).
- Cut (free) Field of Flowers DSP piece at 2″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut Basic White layer for stamped image at 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Die-Cut Basic Black layer for frame using the 2 3/8″ x 3 1/2″ scalloped Stitched So Sweetly dies frame.
- Die-Cut Basic White label for sentiment.
- Stamp and color (free) donkey with Blends. Here are a few tips for easy coloring:
- Use Basic White Thick Card Stock for best coloring.
- Use Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate Blends for the donkey and Old Olive for the grass.
- With your Light Crumb Cake Blend, color the inside of the body, the legs, the tail, and the outside of the ears.
- With your Dark Crumb Cake Blend, faintly trace around the inside of the body. Come back in with the Light Crumb Cake Blend and “blend” the two colors together.
- Using your Dark Crumb Cake Blend, go around the outside of the body and draw strokes of hair on the diagonal all along the body. Draw tiny little strokes with the nib end of the Blend. Add strokes at the top of little donkey’s head to add texture to the hair.
- Use Light Smoky Slate for the inside of the ears, for the snout, and for the hooves. Use a light hand.
- Use Light Old Olive to draw grass under the donkey.
- Assemble Card. Place ribbon under DSP just under the halfway point on the card, and adhere DSP to Card Base. Adhere Donkey to Basic Black layer. Adhere donkey layer to card. Wrap ribbon around donkey right at the grass layer and tie in a bow.
- Stamp sentiment on label, and adhere to card front with dimensionals.
- Sprinkle on the sequins.
Here is another example with quick coloring, and using the brush stroke technique (inside the body) to add some texture. Simply leave the donkey white, but add little brush strokes of hair all along the inside of the body.
You can earn the Darling Donkeys stamp set free with a minimum $50 purchase. And you can add the Flower and Field DSP for free also, with a minimum $100 purchase. Check out the supplies list below for all the ingredients to make this card.Product List
Shop online any time and earn free rewards
Join my Serenity Sisters team of demonstrators
Sign up for periodic emails (with samples, techniques, and special class and product offerings)
Join me on Facebook
Request a catalog (email lela@ lelameinke.com)