Add a touch of silver to A Touch of Ink, and you can easily achieve a glamorous look with a touch of shine.
It’s easy to create these four cards in one sitting. Here are the instructions for “mass-producing” all four cards. You can easily adapt these instructions to make just the color combination you would like.
- Select the DSP background paper you want to use.
- Cut the card bases to match your designer series paper. Here I am using the Oh, So Ombre SAB DSP paper and the matching colors of Granny Apple Green, Rococo Rose, Blackberry Bliss/Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, and Basic White. The card base is standard A2 size – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut the background layer. For two of the cards I used Basic White, and in two of the cards I used DSP. This layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut one more layer, as desired, at 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Die-cut four labels using the 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ Stitched So Sweetly dies and Basic White card stock.
- Punch four scalloped hearts from the Silver Foil sheets using the Heart Punch Pack. Punch four hearts from Basic White. You might punch a couple of extra Basic White hearts in case you make a mistake with your stamping.
- Stamp the floral image from A Touch of Ink on the Basic White hearts. I start with the ink color that matches the card stock. I stamped the flower so that the image filled most of the heart shape.
- Stamp the floral outline in Smoky Slate. The Smoky Slate ink really brings out the silver from the foil and the ribbon. The outline of the flower and the internal coloring of the flower will not line up exactly in this stamp set. This set is intended to give the look of a watercolor effect. This is not the place for perfection, but if you wanted the straightest alignment possible then you could use the Stamp-a-Ratus tool.
- Stamp your selected sentiment in the ink color that matches the card stock onto the Stitched So Sweetly label. Place the sentiment near the bottom of the label so that there is room for the heart.
- If you are using two background layers, such as in the Rococo Rose card or the Blackberry Bliss/Rich Razzleberry card, adhere them together.
- Wrap the Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon around the layer(s) and tie in a bow. Adhere layer to card front.
- Using dimensionals, attach Stitched So Sweetly panel to the card front. Adhere the hearts to the card front.
- Decorate the insides as desired.
See these cards up close near the end of this Serenity LIVE (Facebook LIVE) video
Shop online any time and earn free rewards
Join my Serenity Sisters team of demonstrators
Sign up for periodic emails (with samples, techniques, and special class and product offerings)
Join me on Facebook
Request a catalog (email lela@ lelameinke.com)