This brayer technique works with any colors and any sentiments. See two different cards with two completely different color schemes, using one simple and impactful technique.
This first card uses the Beautiful Autumn stamp set – which will be retiring on December 31st and is only available while supplies last. The stamp set looks like it is only for autumn, but the sweet sentiments can actually be used for Valentines Day and beyond.
- Cut card base from Real Red card stock at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at the 4 1/4″ mark and the 7 1/4″ mark on the long side
- Cut a piece of matching Designer Series paper (the new new Subtles DSP used here) at 1″ x 5 1/4″. Burnish fold and adhere DSP to flap.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to match the size of your sentiment. Stamp sentiment in ink color of your choosing. Whisper White measures 2 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ here.
- Cut a piece of matching card stock at 1/4″ wider and 1/4″ higher to use as a foundation for your Whisper White layer. Blushing Bride measures 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ here. Mount sentiment to card stock layer, and attach to front panel of card base.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White at 5 1/4″ x 4″ and attach to inside of card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White at 5 1/4″ x 3″.
- Use brayer to roll color across top of 5 1/4″ x 3″ Whisper White layer. Use brayer to roll next layer of color. Use brayer to apply next layer of color until you are finished. Colors used: Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Real Red.
- Cut 1/4″ strip from right side of brayered layer and adhere to right side of inside of card.
- Adhere remaining brayered panel to left side of card front. Add a dimensional or glue dot under the 1 1/4″ panel to stabilize the card.
- Decorate with ribbons and gems as desired. Twine and hearts are from the new mini. (Ask me how YOU can pre order them!!)
The instructions for this second card (included in the December Brights class) have slightly different colors and dimensions, as follows.
Step 1. Use Coastal Cabana card stock
Step 2. Use Brights DSP. Coastal Cabana used here.
Step 3. Whisper White measures 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ here.
Step 4. Coastal Cabana measures 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ here.
Step 7. Colors used: Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape.
Small Bloom punch and Elegant Faceted Gems used here.
Click here to see a Serenity LIVE (Facebook LIVE) video.
Click here NOW to sign up for the last spot in the December Brights class.
Click here to subscribe for email updates.
Click here to join my team, so you can PRE ORDER goodies and get great discounts.Product List