I am excited and honored to be participating in a World Card Making Day event today. I made a video that is part of a YouTube hop, and we all picked a “diversity” related topic. My diversity topic is Recovery, and my card uses the AA circle and triangle symbol to help the recipient celebrate an important milestone.
Here are the specific instructions for the card. Watch the video for a step-by-step overview, including tips on adding texture to make the Warm Welcome bundle look like a real-life door. As an added bonus there are an additional 10 Recovery card samples quickly shown at the end of the video.
ps – this idea could very easily extend to celebrating other milestones too.
- Cut Card Base Highland Heather 8 ½” x 5 ½”, Score at 4 ¼”
- Cut Card Inside Basic White 4” x 5 ¼”, and adhere to inside
- Cut Card Layer So Saffron 4” x 5 ¼”, and adhere to front of card
- Cut Painted Texture Layer Basic White 3 ¾” x 4”, and emboss with Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. Lightly brush Smoky Slate across the textured areas with Blending Brush. Adhere to top of So Saffron layer.
- Cut Brick Layers Smoky Slate 1” x 3 ¾”, and emboss with Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
- Cut Basic Black ¼” x 3 ¾” and emboss with Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. Glue Basic Black strip across the top of the Smoky Slate strip. Lightly brush Smoky Slate across the textured areas with Blending Brush.
- Die-Cut cactus from Potted Succulents from Pear Pizzazz, and trim two of the leaves. Adhere to the back of the brick layer on the far right side. Adhere the assembled brick layer to the bottom of the So Saffron layer.
- Stamp door on Basic Gray. Die-Cut door. Further Die-Cut the opening in the door. Emboss with Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
Tips for adding texture to the Warm Welcome bundle
- Die-Cut wallpaper in So Saffron pattern from Forest Friends Designer Series Paper Pack.
- Center and adhere door to card front. Make sure the door itself goes over the Basic Black brick layer. Also make sure you leave an opening on the door frame to tuck the arm under on the right center of the door frame.
- Adhere the So Saffron wallpaper, centered in the door opening.
- Stamp and Die-Cut arm with bouquet from Warm Welcome Bundle. Color with Blends: Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, SU800. Place a mini Stampin’ Dimensional under the bouquet. Arrange the bouquet in a pleasing manner, remembering to tuck the arm under the right side of the door frame. Adhere bouquet.
- Die-Cut address numbers from Basic Black, and address-sign from Basic White.
- Adhere numbers to address-sign with tiny dots of glue, placing numbers in a pleasing manner.
- Punch Circle and Triangle in Basic Black and Silver (use tools you have on hand). Adhere triangle to center of circle. Add address-label to top of door with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Circle and Triangle to top of door with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Fussy-cut stamped dog image. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensional on bricks and in front of the cactus.
- Sprinkle on the gems. Add a silver door knob, and add matching gems on the flowers in the bouquet.
Click here to order the supplies for this card, and earn a free project kit from me. Remember to use HOST CODE MEDYTRTJ
Click here to subscribe to my email list. You can select “Handmade Cards” as one of your preferences.
Click here to shop handmade Recovery Cards from my inventory of handmade cards.
Click here to watch the YouTube video. Remember to follow me on YouTube to learn more fun techniques about Recovery Cards and more.
Click here to join the Facebook group World Card Making Day 2022 #stampingdiversity
Thanks for stopping by!